Sunday, March 25, 2007

ON CALL

Well, for the first time since I moved to this garage about 5 and a half years ago, I am on what is called the "extra board". I have been doing peoples' vacations all this time and now I am on something different every day. I don't mind that, but you don't know what you are doing tomorrow until 5PM today. That kind of bites. Especially when you get call. Actually, I think I am one of only a handful of drivers that hates to be on call. You sit around in the drivers room and wait for something to happen. If a bus breaks down or gets into an accident, you get sent out to do the work they were doing or bring them a new bus. If someone is running unusually late you go and be an extra bus on the route to help them catch up. If someone calls in or shows up late, you do their work....that kind of thing. I just hate sitting around. It makes time go by so slowly!! I gave in and went out and bought a portable DVD player thinking I can pass time watching movies that I have and have never watched. Now I will probably not get call!! I had it THREE times last week. We'll see how this week goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker