Friday, February 23, 2007

SUSPICIOUS COMMENDATIONS

Had a guy get on my bus a couple of weeks ago. He was telling jokes and basically entertaining me. I must admit, I kind of egged him on by joking around myself. When I got to the end of the route, he was the only one on the bus and didn't make any move to get off the bus. I asked him if he missed his stop. He said no and started using his cell phone.

I had a fairly short layover so I got on my cell phone and made a quick call. While I was on my call, I could hear him in the background. He was calling in a commendation to my company. I finished my call and he finished his. He told me he called in a commendation for me. I said "Well, isn't that nice...and I didn't even PAY you! Thank you." He laughed and said "Hey, can you do me a favor?" I knew it...you don't get something for nothing these days. I hadn't agreed to do anything BEFORE the call, so I didn't feel obligated. I asked him what he needed. He said he had a new cell phone and asked me to call him from mine to make sure his would ring. I wasn't born yesterday!! I told him I didn't do stuff like that because then people I don't even know would be running around with my phone number. He got a "busted" look on his face and scampered off the bus.

Days later I got the commendation. I told my boss about the guy and he rubbed it in saying, "Isn't that nice? You got this commendation from the guy...on VALENTINES DAY!" Even my boss is a comedian!

Today I got a note to see my manager again...it was another commendation. Strange. You can go months...years even...without ONE commendation. Here was a second one in a matter of a couple weeks. HMMMMMM.... when I read it, it said what a nice person I was. So nice that the dictionary didn't have enough good words to describe me. It said some other favorable things about me. I was feeling kind of GREAT there for a minute. Then, at the bottom where there are notes from the person that took the call, it said the guy wanted them to give me his phone number. HMMMMMMMMMMMM....I have a feeling I know who called that one in!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A secret admirer? Oh, how interesting. ;)

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yeah, too bad they never seem to be the "normal" type. Sometimes I think I'm a psycho-magnet!! Why would you WANT the phone number of someone that didn't give it to you willingly? That's a little creepy to me.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a little creepy, yes.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Guess that's what makes my job so interesting to me. The variety of people. It's just a little scary to have someone try to trick their way into getting into your personal life.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker