Sunday, January 14, 2007

THE SCARF LADY

Had the most adorable little old lady riding my bus every day last week. She's 71 years old. She uses a walker that always has multiple bags hanging from it. She has a very curved back way up by her shoulders and walks with kind of a shuffle. I think she has problems with her hips too.

She showed me some knitting she was doing one day. She tried to explain the design of the scarf she was making. I pretended to know what she meant so she wouldn't get flustered. The next day she got on the bus and showed me a completed one. It's kind of unique. It has a design built in that allows you to loop one end through a double sewn piece so it doesn't fall off your neck. It's cute. I've never seen that style. She insisted on giving it to me. I told her she should sell them. She spends her money on the yarn and puts her time into making them. I told her I would pay her for it.

As she got off the bus she tried to give it to me and then make a break for the lift that I had raised for her. Well, she's not real fast with her walker. She brushed off the money I was handing her so I stuffed it into one of the bags she had hanging on the walker.

She got on the next day. She was wearing one of her unique knit scarves. She thanked me for the money. She said she could make about 4 more with that money. What a sweetheart. I just hope she sells them.

I have the same route all this week...She gives me something to look forward to!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet lady. I really hope she will sell some of those scarves.

And nice to have you back! I'm happy to hear that your father is doing better.

4:32 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks for not abandoning me!! Sorry the postings have been less frequent.

My father is still very sick. We are still hoping and praying for the best!

Thank you for your support!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the 15 yrs. I,ve worked at M.T. I never locked myself out of a bus, but.......... someone did. I happened to be at the right place at the right time, Driver told me story of how it happened, I was laughing on the inside, and feeling sorry for her, while passengers were waitng to board, Driver was waiting foe mechanic, Don't know when that would of been, I went around bus to try to help, There's gotta be something! On the right I pulled on the front door, it gave alittle, I called driver over, Pull On This For Me!, I was able to sqeeze through door to get in! I think she left on time or close to it, That driver made my dad Had me in striches! Should be on stage! It was an honor to meet the driver, The day should go a little better,

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker