Sunday, March 25, 2007

THE ARTIST

There is an interesting lady that rides route 46 a lot. Actually, I knew of and saw her house long before I met her. Apparently, the city told her to fix up her house because it was falling apart. She got mad and took it out on the house. She put multi-colored tiles where some windows were. She shingled the roof in a geometric pattern. It is the most colorful house I've ever seen. I'm sure the neighbors aren't pleased!! She also had these colorful wire things...one in every color of the rainbow...that it looked like she was going to put along the walkway to the house. I haven't been by there lately, so I don't know what she did with them. If you are from the Minneapolis area you should drive by and check out the house. It is on Penn avenue south between 50th and 51st (or is it 52nd?) streets on the east side of the street. It really is a sight!

When you are coming up to the bus stop...say about a block away...she looks like any other lady waiting for the bus. She is always dressed nicely. Usually, she wears a dress. As you get closer, you can't mistake who it is. She is bow-legged (interesting look in a dress) and has multiple piercings in her nose and face. She has shoulder length blonde hair and is kind of wrinkly...so I'm guessing she's probably mid 50's and has had a rough life. I always talk to her. She can be pleasant but sometimes she is in one of those moods where everything is a conspiracy. Her neighbors are usually the ones she sees as against her. (hmmmmm...could it be the house?!?) She told me about her website where she has her artwork on display. I checked it out and some was...interesting. One called "My Barbies" has a picture of some Barbie dolls with the heads taken off and some monster-looking heads in their place. There were a couple pieces of art that I thought were pretty good. I didn't look at ALL of it (there were about 100 pieces). It did kind of gave me a view into her mind...angry and creative are the words that come to mind.

She's just one of the many interesting regular customers that ride the bus every day.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, always good to read your posts. I have also recently become a blogger. I was selected as an 'expert' for the HoustonBusinessshow.com web site.

The direct link to my blog is:

http://hbs.typepad.com/lonestar/

Check it out from time to time, eh?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Haven't seen any of my comments posted yet,Why? Am I doing something wrong here?

11:54 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Anonymous - That one came through. You must be doing something right

Big bro - I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've driven by this house many times, just to look at it (and to show friends who look at me beforehand with disbelief). I always wondered who that person was...

10:20 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

She's quite the character. Always mad at someone!

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker