Sunday, August 06, 2006

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Saw a pretty sad and gross thing today.

I was driving the bus and ahead of me in the street I saw what I thought was a dead bird with its tail feathers waving in the breeze. As I got closer, I saw it was actually a squirrel that apparently was hit by a car but wasn't quite dead. His leg was going up and down, up and down. I purposely went around it.

After I drove around it, I thought I really should have run it over to put it out of its' misery. Then I wondered if "Thou shall not kill" applied to this situation or not. (My mind works in mysterious ways).

What would YOU have done?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly, I would have pulled over and cried, but that's why I ride the bus and don't drive it...

7:03 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Would you have pulled over after or without running it over?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh without running it over. I'm a total cry baby and animal lover. 2245 drives, I ride.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I totally understand (sorry, didn't mean to sound like a teenager). I am an animal lover myself. I want a dog more than anything in the world!! I am just not home enough..or should I say regularly enough... to train one. I know I could probably adopt a grown dog, but to me it still isn't fair to be gone LOOOOOOONG shifts and have the dog home alone. To me, they are like kids. They deserve better than that. (That's why I don't have any of those either!!) Maybe one day....(on the dog thing, I mean)

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I finally found some time to check this site out....

I would have totally cried!! What a sad story...poor little squirrel. Did I ever tell you about the Easter Sunday when I was driving back to my parents house. I ran over a bunny!!! I cried hysterically the rest of my 30 min drive home....to hit the poor thing and of course on all days of the year.

Oh well! Darn thing shouldn't have run out in the street, you would think they would learn!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Franiel - Bet you didn't get any easter eggs THAT year...you bunny killer!!

I'm gonna tell your kids.

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker