Saturday, July 22, 2006

RETIREMENT PARTY

Thursday night there was a retirement party for good ol' Andy. He's the guy that was on call every weekday at 3:50 AM. He'd always be standing with his arms propped up on the counter that holds all the bus schedules. That was kind of his spot. In fact, one time someone took masking tape and drew a box on the floor where he always stands and wrote "Andy" in the box in tape. It was pretty funny, especially when Andy saw for the first time.

I had to work until midnight the night of the party. I was hoping it would still be going on. Knowing Andy, I figured they'd be the last ones out of the bar. After work, I quickly changed out of my bus driver shirt and threw on my Twins jersey. (The company frowns on wearing your bus driver clothes to bars...Understandably.) Sure enough, there were still about a dozen of my co-workers there when I got there.

I gave Andy the gift I got him and watched him unwrap it. The bartender (who knows most of us) thought it was great. Reaching in the gift bag, first he got a bunch of straws wrapped in bus schedules. Then he pulled out the filler paper around the main gift. I used crumbled bus schedules to fill in the bag. Finally, he pulled out the main gift, also wrapped in bus schedules. It was a jug of his favorite whiskey...To go with the straws, of course!

Had a good time. Chatted with everyone and before I knew it, it was closing time (2AM). One girl I work with had had more than her share so I did the RIGHT thing and gave her a ride home.

Well, cheers to Andy...We'll miss you!!

7 Comments:

Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

: )

6:11 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

;)

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now I know where your comment on my blog came from, lol.

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that Andy is retired....it's time to head to the BEACH!

5:49 PM  
Blogger nimbleboy said...

Crap! I didn't want to miss that...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Hey, I know a great condo across the street from the gulf of Mexico!!! Click on "Galveston Beach Condo Rental" over on the right hand side of the page. Check it out...it's awesome!!!

Reaper, it wasn't me...it was my evil twin!! (I think i need a lawyer.)

Nimble - hanging out with a bunch of drunk bus drivers...interesting and somewhat educational. You learn what you DON'T want to look like!

12:47 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Omar - thanks for your comment, glad you like the site. Please don't use it for your own advertising...that's kinda rude.
Thanks.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker