Saturday, July 15, 2006

THOU SHALT NOT STEAL

Funny thing happened on my way in to work the other day.

There is a newspaper machine outside the front door and I stopped to get a paper. I put in my fifty cents and opened the door. Before I could reach in and get a paper, a fellow bus driver reached in and took one! I said "Well, thanks a lot for making me an accomplice to your crime." I carried on and made a big deal out of it saying "Now I have to go to church..."

We both got inside to the drivers room and prepared to get to our buses. She went out into the bus bays and I was still in checking detours and checking my watch and getting schedules and all the other stuff you have to do to be prepared for the day.

After a few minutes, the other driver came back into the drivers room looking angry. She looked around and then said "Alright. Who took my newspaper? I put it right here on the counter and now it's gone. Who took my newspaper??" I couldn't help but smile. I guess it was OK for her to steal it, but she was pretty pissed off that someone would steal it from her. She finally wandered in my direction and I just looked at her and said "Now, THAT is funny!"

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well,MY kids all know that if you steal, you're going to H E double toothpicks!!
Wonder if the thief understood the irony of her situation!!
Go Jeanne!
Your favorite Mom

2:14 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yep, My Momma put the fear of God into us!! That's what makes up all the angels we are now...well, most of us.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

OOPS...that's what I get for not previewing what I write...I meant "that's what makes US.." NOT up...

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker