Friday, June 30, 2006

WHAT'S UP WITH THE BIKES IN UPTOWN???

I was driving the route 6 through uptown in south Minneapolis tonight. I left Uptown Station and was waiting for a green light on Lagoon Avenue. As my light turned green, a couple hundred bike riders flowed into the intersection and drove around in the middle of the intersection totally messing up our traffic for the green light. One guy even got off of his bike and sat down in front of a car that was trying to creep through the bikes so he didn't miss the light.

I don't know what the point of this whole thing was. If they were making some kind of statement, they should have had at least one of their loser friends carry a sign or something. I did my duty as a citizen and called the Control Center to have the cops check them out before someone ran over one of the jerks. I have to admit...It was tempting!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Critical Mass is what you ran into. They ride on the last Friday of every month, but are much more active in the summer.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks for the info. That was just really annoying and for no apparent reason. If they are doing that as a protest or to raise awareness for something, they should AT LEAST carry a sign. It would give you something to read while you wait for them to get out of your way! I still say there has to be a better way to do it though. I thought the guy that sat in front of the car was going to get his butt whooped by the driver of the car. He was pretty ticked off.

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker