Sunday, August 13, 2006

NO PUNISHMENT FOR THE CRIME

I am one of those people that believes there should be consequences for your actions. Unfortunately, things don't always work out that way.

I was driving the 18 one day. This route happens to go right past my bus garage. I was having a pleasant conversation with an older lady when I heard a ruckus in the back of the bus. I looked in the mirror and saw a big teenager standing and holding his girlfriends purse while she was beating on some other teen boy. I got on the microphone and tried to break it up as I called the control center and pulled the bus over. It just so happens, I pulled over in the bus stop across the street from the bus garage.

The girl heard the phone "beep" as the control center returned my call. She said she was going to get off the bus, but seemed to be more interested in hitting the boy a couple more times. As I spoke to the control center, she and her boyfriend got off the bus. They walked right past the front window so she could flip me off. She had her name on a nametag on her shirt from the department store she apparently worked at...Real bright, huh?

The kid didn't want an ambulance and didn't want to press charges. He was obviously scared of the chick. The control center said that since he didn't want us to do anything that technically there was no crime so I should just proceed on my route. I was pissed!! I told them I would press the charges for him and the crime DID happen and was caught on tape so there would be no problem proving it. They insisted that if the victim wouldn't cooperate, there was nothing they could do. I was to continue with my day like nothing happened.

I am STILL angry about that. So, what we learn is, if you intimidate your victim to the point they are scared to death to press charges...You can get away with anything. There are no consequences for anything you choose to do so just go ahead and do whatever you want...Just be sure to instill the appropriate amount of fear in your victim.

That is ridiculous. I was so mad, I told the control center that if I had known they were going to let her just walk away I'd have AT LEAST pepper sprayed her! At least there would have been SOME consequences for beating up on the kid!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, my comps been down. I catch up with ya soon, promise.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

She's lucky she didn't hit me. I tolerate a lot, and generally won't hit a female, but if she's pounding on me, I'm going to deal one strike, and one only. I've got fair aim.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Web - It is hard to "walk away" on a bus. If I were you, I guess I'd have knocked out her stupid boyfriend...standing there with her purse. What a punk.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Reaper - what ever happened to you? u hiding from me?

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker