Sunday, August 13, 2006

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU GET HIT BY A TRAIN?

I drive a couple routes that go through the light rail station on 46th and Hiawatha in south Minneapolis. I'm trying to picture in my mind how the hell the guy on the bike "accidentally" rode in front of the train and got hit and killed. Just can't picture it.

Even if he was blaring his Ipod, there are barricades that lower with flashing red lights on them! How can you possibly not notice that? You would have to take the extra effort to drive around them, so you HAVE to know that they are there. Is it possible he didn't know WHY they are there? Highly doubtful.

Don't get me wrong. I feel terrible for the guy and even more for his family. I just don't understand HOW a person gets hit by a train unless they are pushed in front of it, are suicidal or have EXTREMELY poor judgment of time and space. I know there is a serious problem with people out there with the "me first" attitude, but that can't be it. Heck, if it is I'll be the first one to step aside and let you go first...And I will not be second!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker