Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I NEED THIS MAN

I pulled up to a bus stop at 6:30 am. There was a woman with her boyfriend sitting in the shelter. The guy slammed his Colt 45 beer and threw the can. I saw beer fly out of it, so I knew he hadn't finished it. They came to board the bus and, not wanting some little kid to find the can and finish the beer, I asked them to go pick it up. I told them I'd wait.

The guy started to argue about it and the woman said "no, she's right" and went to pick up after her loser boyfriend. She went and picked up the can and then went over to the shelter and picked up another one. She threw them in the garbage can and boarded the bus. I thanked her. About this time, the loser sat down and started cussing loudly. I got loud myself and said " I don't care what you drank for breakfast, that language will not be tolerated on this bus!" He apologized.

The lady tried to pay with a hotlisted card and, realizing it wouldn't work, she started to dig for money that wasn't there. Then the loser cussed loudly again. I had had enough. I immediately stopped the bus and told him to get off. He tried the apology thing again. I told him he said he was sorry before and I was done. Again, I told him to get off the bus.

The woman got off and just when I thought he was going to follow her, he stopped in the door. He said "What's your problem? I think you need Jesus!" I rolled my eyes and waited for him to leave. Then he got funnier. He said "I know what you need. You need a man! That's what you need!" I couldn't control myself anymore. I said "Yeah, I need a man...just like you! Drunk at 6:30 in the morning. Yep, that's just what I need. Your girlfriend is the one that needs a man!" Totally confused, he got off the bus.

There was an express bus right behind me. I spoke with the driver later and he said he had seen me throw them off my bus so when they banged on his door, he knew they were a problem and just kept going. To make it even better, I called the Control Center and told them what had happened and suggested they warn my follower to pass them up.

I hope they stood there long enough for him to realize what an ass he was.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

10/10 I drive for public transit in the bay area it's therapeutic as hell reading your stuff, keep at it.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker