Sunday, May 16, 2010

HEAR THE CHANGE

I was just leaving Hopkins on the 12 route. I pulled up to a bus stop and this girl came out of the shelter and came up the steps saying "I'm a quarter short..." I noticed something in the shelter and asked her if it belonged to her. She thanked me and ran to get it. As she, again, came up the steps of the bus she started in again "I'm a quarter short, is that okay?"

Now, I am female. We can hear money. Heck, we can almost smell it. Both times she got onto the bus, I could hear the change in the pocket of her hoodie. Not only could I hear the change, I could tell by the sound of it that there were at least two quarters in there. I told her I heard the change in her pocket and even pointed to the pocket with the change in it. She seemed shocked and tried to lie to me again. "I only have pennies." I heard no pennies. I'm guessing it was more like two quarters and possibly a dime. I simply told her the farebox took all change and left the ball in her court. She pulled out a quarter and threw it into the farebox. I popped up her transfer and said "Thank you" and left it at that.

She didn't seem too upset, but she was. As she got off in Uptown by McDonalds, she went on a rant. As she exited the front door she spat something like "Yes, I had money! Maybe next time you could have a little compassion, bitch. Fuck you!"

Yeah, sure. That's who I should have "compassion" for. Someone that repeatedly lies to me to cheat the fare and thereby steal from my employer...which is basically the tax payers! That's really fair to everyone that pays the correct fare day in and day out. Why should she be able to lie to me and then get mad at me when I catch her? She's funny. Typical. Lie, cheat and steal and then get mad at the person that busts you instead of taking a look in the mirror and correcting your ways.

Funny thing is, seems what she nearly left in the bus shelter was part of her uniform for her job at McDonalds. I was sooooo tempted to go in to HER job and harass HER when I got off work. "I want a Big Mac, but I'm a quarter short. Is that okay?" If she was on her job, she'd be only right to tell me I could afford a double cheeseburger instead. I decided to be the bigger person and not stoop to her level.

People are so funny...especially when they get caught!

3 Comments:

Blogger Madrias said...

Even being a guy, I can smell the change. At least, I can smell the metals in it. Advantage of my senses is that I can hear and smell better than most, though my eyes are really only good at night.

10:58 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Madrias - I know I've met you...just can't remember your face. If you see me again, let me know it's you!

Funny how our senses work! Glad I'm not the only oddball out there that can hear change! You rock!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

You and I have never met face to face. There are many like me in this world.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker