Monday, November 02, 2009

BLUEBERRY SHORTCAKE

I was doing the 11 route recently. This teenage girl got on Monday dressed like Strawberry Shortcake, but in light blue with white polka dots. To set off the outfit, she wore green and white horizontal striped leggings. She sat with her friend and her conversation cracked me up. One profound statement she made...."Stupid people are stupid." That was deep....NOT!

The next day she went from little girl to slut. She had on calf high boots with fishnet stockings peeking up over the top to just above her knee. They had a cute ruffle and a bow on the side. She wore a too-short skirt and topped it off with a useless flimsy jacket. Actually, the outfit would have been kind of cute on a 20-something going to the club. It just didn't work for a teen girl going to school. Her profound statement for the day...."Short term relationships never work out." Hmmmmmm...maybe that's why, or because, they are short term. Ya think?

The next day she got on and sat with a young black girl. Lil' miss blueberry shortcake is white. When I turned onto the detour we've been doing for a year or more, shortcake acted surprised and said "She turnin'?? She turnin'! She turnin!" I was sitting there thinking "duh, we've been turning here forEVER!" Then I thought...If I were that little black girl sitting next to her, I would be offended. Why did this little white girl have to ghetto up her lingo just because she was sitting next to the black girl? She hadn't been talking like that to her white friends. That's just wrong. It's insulting to the black girl.

Anyway, I was quite disappointed the last day I drove the route. Blueberry wasn't there. She was like a walking comedy to brighten up my morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madrias said...

Me, I speak equally to my friends, regardless of height, age, race, etc.

I also consider the jokes I tell because some could be offensive.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Madrias - You seem like a good kid. You can ride my bus anytime. It's good to see a person that is just themselves and not trying to fit in with others. We are all unique individuals...embrace it!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker