Sunday, August 23, 2009


Sorry I've been gone so long. It's been a busy month. My father got pretty sick on the 4Th of July and was put on life support. He got better and was sent back to his nursing home only to be back in the hospital days later. I went to the State Roadeo Competition to cheer on our guys. We didn't win, but still had fun. Was my first trip to Albert Lea. We visited the Spam museum and took a little side trip to Iowa to go to the casino. I won about $900 !! Shortly after returning, my dad wasn't getting better and we had to take him off life support. He died about 37 and a half hours later. We had a great day with him before he went. He was quite spunky. Hard to believe he'd be gone so soon.

Anyway, after the funeral and everything was over I came back to work. A day or two later one of the guys that competed in the Roadeo in Albert Lea was killed, along with his wife (who was also at the Roadeo to support him), in a car/motorcycle accident.

It's been a long month. Now I'm back and hope you are all still here with me!! Thanks for your patience.


Anonymous Tony Toews said...

My sympathies on your fathers passing.

I quite enjoy reading your blog. Keep up the good work.

Tony T

10:24 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

TT - Thanks. I really count my blessings, though. I was fortunate to be able to say "goodbye". Most people aren't given a chance to do that.

Glad you enjoy the blog!! Keep comin' never know what's gonna happen on the bus...or when I will do another contest!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

So sorry to hear about your father. It sounds like you've had a rough month.

I enjoy reading your blog - the #6 runs right by my house every 10 minutes or so, and I always wonder if you're driving it...

1:16 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

I know what that's like, Jeanne. I got the same ability with Mom, though it was much shorter than 37 hours. More like 37 minutes.

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Diane - Thanks. I am just glad we got that last day and a half...especially the first half day or so when he was spunky and talking to us. I will always treasure that time.
I do drive the 6 sometimes. I'm on the 17 this week, though.

Mad - Hopefully, that time, though short, was good. It's hard, but it is truly a blessing to be there and be able to say your goodbyes. We are among the lucky few!

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry About your dad ..hang in there see you at work

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Red said...

Sorry about your old man.
He does sound a bit like someone we know.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks. My dad would have celebrated his 78th birthday yesterday. Actually, he did...he had it with his parents and brother who passed before him. I left him some chocolate (his favorite) at his grave. Sad that he is gone, but I know he is finally healthy and happy.

Thank you all for your thoughts and condolences.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker