Wednesday, July 08, 2009

AND THE WINNER IS....

CONGRATULATIONS to Jennifer. She found me on my 46 route yesterday over on the St. Paul side. She knew the winning phrase and walked away with a really cool bright yellow messenger bag, the new and graphically improved beer stein mug, a bumper sticker and pin.

Thanks to all that played along. Thought you'd find me sooner! Especially with the recent giveaway clue!! Someone commented that I could be on the 11 and they were right. I was on it all week!

Anyway, I've been found. I'm sure I'll do the contest again, just not sure when. I don't want it to be like an ongoing thing...more like a once-in-a-while thing. It makes it more fun.

Gotta run...there are strangers on street corners just waiting for me to pick them up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only question now is how long they keep operating that route, or whether they farm it off to a private contractor with brand-new government-funded minibuses.

Have you ever had more than a handful of riders on the 46?

9:05 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Anon - It is a pretty mellow route. Not normally even half of the seats are taken. Usually there are not more than a half dozen riders at a time...except for rush hour. Even then there are plenty of open seats. I did have a standing room only bus load recently. I had picked up a group of about 20 mentally challenged people with their 2 caretakers and then a few blocks later picked up a group of about a dozen kids with their 2 caretakers. Other riders took up the few remaining seats. It was fun to see the looks on the faces of the regulars as they got on and saw there were no seats left!!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker