Sunday, June 28, 2009

I LOVE FIREMEN

I was driving down Nicollet Mall recently. There was a little boy about, 4 years old, walking with who I'm guessing were his parents and some other people. There was a fire truck right ahead of me. The little boy heard the truck and turned to look. His eyes lit up an you could tell he was excited just to see one so close to him. The firefighters noticed him and stopped the truck. They called him over and let him stand on the truck. They blew the horn and made a quick tap on the siren. The little boy was in heaven. There were people stopping to take pictures. The parents got theirs, too. It was really cute.

As the little boy walked away and waved at the firefighters, they called him back again. They gave him some stickers. This was like giving the kid a bar of gold. He was overjoyed. He waved again as the truck slowly pulled away with all the grown men waving back at the kid.

Usually, I get mad when I am forced to miss a stoplight or two. This was worth it. It was fun to watch. These guys took a couple minutes out of their day to give a kid something he will remember for years.

By the way, I know there are women firefighters...but this truck happened to be all guys. I just am avoiding comments from those out there that want to point out that I forgot the women that fight fires. They are appreciated too, but the guys are more "hot" to me!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I see a lady fire fighter driving the truck on Lake Street all the time..does she ever get a day off?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I try and avoid Lake street. I have it the first part of this week though and last week. All earlier though. First part of my split. Usually the troublemakers don't get out of bed 'til after noon so it's not so bad.

I am not familiar with the lady you mention. I tend to notice the guys...my eyes go to them like magnets! Too bad I don't have any 21E trips...the firemen usually park right across from our layover spot. Makes for a nice view. ;)

1:05 PM  
Anonymous randee said...

all I can say is awwww how cute... they didn't have to do this but, they did. People now days are so busy they don't take time for the little things like this.. I would have proabobly shed a tear or two... yeah I get emo at all the mushy stuff!! lol...

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker