Sunday, June 28, 2009

SUMMER SMELLS

I love summertime. We suffer through long winters here in Minnesota just to enjoy a few months of warmth. However, along with the summer heat come the summer smells. On the bus, these can get gut wrenching.

I had this woman get on my bus recently. No joke. I could smell her before I even had a chance to greet her. She stunk BAD!! Unless there is a new cologne out there called "eau de ass", she really needed a bath.

The drunks stench goes up a notch, too. That fruity smell of cheap wine is enough to make me gag. It smells like they threw up on themselves, brushed it off and continued on with their day.

If you take a bus, do everyone a favor and make sure you don't stink! Treat other peoples' noses the way you want them to treat yours.

Thank you...this has been a public service announcement...for real!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Laughing My Ass Off!!! The smell of urine is in this catagory too!!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yep, summer has it's own set of smells...some are beautiful...some are more than gross!! They are pukeable <----think I just made up a new word.

I keep a small bottle of perfume just for these occasions. I squirt it into the garbage can area so as not to offend the offender. I also use that small drivers fan in the left corner and point it so it fans the smell back and away from my nose!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

I know I don't smell great during bus rides (don't sweat at first, just overheat, then sweat and stink like crazy), but this one guy got on the bus with me and I could have sworn he smelled like booze, fart, cigarette, and cheap cologne.

Another is the other kind of teen who loves to OD on Axe or Tag and then go on the bus like no one will care that a walking perfume bomb walked in.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Web - Some days, I'd PAY the perfume bomb to sit in the peanut seat! It beats the drunk, farting smoker that tries to cover up his odor with cheap cologne!

7:12 PM  
Anonymous randee said...

I love it! everyone stinks at one time or another! Can't say I've had a huge problem w/ppl stinking on busess but I swear this one time (in winter I think) some guy it looked like to me had wet his pants and was on the bus now I visually impaired but I can smell pretty good and this guy smelled like urine...

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a transit driver in Santa Clara County, Ca. Our all day-all night route is the 22. At night we call it the "Hotel 22 ". The only legitimate reason that we can use to put 'stinkers' off our buses is if they are bio-hazards.In self defense I gotta tell ya, if that smell gets to my gag reflex, there is gonna be bio-hazard all over the drivers' area.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker