Tuesday, November 25, 2008

COPCAKES AND PUPPY TREATS

I recently found out that my sister doesn't want me to bring anything for Thanksgiving dinner. No pie, no side dishes...nothing but tupperware to bring home leftovers. (WOO HOO!! I love Thanksgiving leftovers!) I decided I should do something nice for someone I am thankful for. I am truly thankful for the Metro Transit Police. They have a tough job and are there for us when we need them.

I stopped at the grocery store yesterday after work and picked up a big tray of cupcakes, some puppy treats, a balloon, a gift bag and a "thank you" card. I drove over to the Metro Transit Police department and dropped them off.

The officer that opened the door looked a little surprised. He asked what the occasion was. I told him I appreciated and just wanted to thank him and all the other officers for doing what they do. I noticed he was a K-9 officer. I told him I didn't forget the K-9 officers. I gave him the gift bag with the puppy treats in it. I talked to the 2 officers that were there for a few minutes before I left. It was about to be shift change so my timing was accidentally great. They'd get their copcakes soon. That's what I called them...copcakes for the cops. Hehehe.

I really made my day. Hopefully, I made theirs, too. I highly suggest you pass it on. It feels good to let someone know they are appreciated. Try doing it for your mailman, garbage collector, firefighters...or even your bus drivers!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sarah Palin is alive and well at the MTC.

Yes We Can ........!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker