Saturday, October 25, 2008

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!

I've been found!! It was about 5PM on Thursday. I was driving a southbound 4 out of downtown Minneapolis with a packed bus. People were standing all the way down the aisle to the front of the bus. This guy came in the door and looked me right in the eye. He looked so excited. He said the winning phrase, "Does your mother know that you're picking up strangers?" It looked like he really wanted to say "Did I win? Did I win???" I told him "Yes, she does and we have a winner!!" He was very excited. I told him I had the beer stein mug or the t-shirt. He was very happy and asked for the stein. I was so glad someone found me that I gave him the t-shirt AND the stein along with the pin.

The winners name is Joel. CONGRATULATIONS, JOEL !! Thanks for reading. I'll get some smaller t-shirts next time ( I had a large white or X large green shirt to choose from).

I made an announcement over the speaker that we had a winner in the front of the bus. I told everyone his name is Joel and he won the Pickingupstrangers.com "find me" contest. Most people didn't really seem to get it. I plan to do it again. Maybe they'll catch on.

The next contest won't be right away. I need to get my graphic designer (my brother, hehehe) to improve the graphics on the stein..they are too small. I also want to take "www." off the t-shirts and pins and just have them say "Pickingupstrangers.com". It's easier to read and I think most people realize when they see .com that it is a website. They are kind of fun though. They say "Wanna ride?" on the front.

Congratulations again to Joel. To the rest of you, you WILL get another chance. Maybe you will be the next winner!! Thanks so much for enjoying my blog and playing my little contest. If you are interested in seeing what the prizes are, I order them from www.cafepress.com/pickingup . Feel free to suggest what prize you'd like to see up for grabs.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm awesome.

5:37 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yep, Joel. You are!! Thanks for playing! Glad to see you're still reading my blog, too!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

By the way, hope you like your prizes. You were so excited about the beer stein mug, I hope you didn't think it was one of those big fancy German ones with the pointy tops. Would hate for you to be disappointed! Congrats, again!

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it -- drank pumpkin ale from it last night.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Joel - Cheers! Glad you are enjoying your prizes! Not sure when, but I do plan to have another contest with prizes...keep an eye out!!

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker