Thursday, September 18, 2008

MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO

Have you ever noticed how people follow others lead, even when they don't realize it?

I was driving the 18 just getting onto the Nicollet Mall when I noticed a ton of firetrucks blocking the entire mall between 5th and 6th streets. I called Control and told them I'd have to go off route and would go over to Hennepin on 4th street and come back to the mall on 6th if it looked like I could. As I was approaching the mall on 6th street, there were even more big ladder trucks and emergency vehicles just past the mall. We were sitting at the red light waiting to turn onto the mall. A bunch of us on the bus were trying to guess what was going on. We noticed a lot of people looking up at the skyscraper that was surrounded by the emergency vehicles. I twisted my neck to try to see as far up as I could. Many people on the bus were trying to get a good view too...all of us looking up.

I realized what a funny sight this was. The people in the front seats and I shared a laugh. There didn't appear to be anything to see. No jumper. No flames shooting out. Just a bunch of people on the mall looking up. We finally decided they were all looking up for the same reason we were. They saw other people doing it! Made ya look!

Monkey see, monkey do!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!...I am just now reading the website for the first time since telling me about it in...BEMIDJI....yea.o.k........so I'm a little slow.......anyway, yes dear I am one of your own...Hecklers Row Princesses!

Time to start planning next year in Albert Lea.....and P.S. say hello to T.J. for me! Can you guess who I am?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Hey there everyone......hoping I'm finally on here for REAL!!!!! someone let me know if this worked or not!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Anonymous - I have it narrowed down to 3 people....

Martini - Does your real name start with a B ?

8:27 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

Bingo!

8:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i can say hi to you myself!!! hope to see you all in albert lea next year. We are having a rodeo in the spring to see who gets to go from here in fergus falls,

7:59 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

hey purse holder....hee hee hee......sssshhhh.....I know you know who I am.....but please......ssshhhhhhh!!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Purse/martini - we know who you BOTH are...we have the pics. ;)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker