Monday, September 08, 2008

REPUBLICAN NATIONAL CONVENTION

I am so glad the Republican National Convention is over and we can get back to normal!

I actually had to drive the 21 into downtown St. Paul on Tuesday. Not fun. Detours and traffic really messed up my schedule. On one specific trip, the police had the entire left lane of the bridge on Cedar blocked with their parked cars. That left us one lane to pass them to make our left turn onto 12th street. The idiots on 12th kept wanting to be the last ones through the light so we never got a chance to move when we had a green. I sat there a good 10 minutes when the cops started redirecting traffic behind me. Then an officer came to my window and said he thought I might have to back up. I just laughed and asked him "back up how and go where?" There was no where to go. He looked around behind me and saw why I was laughing. He smiled and said to wait and they'd see if they could get something moving. They stopped the traffic on 12th and finally let us just go. He's my hero!

I'm a little jealous of one of my co workers. She drove a police bus a couple times. (police use our buses and drivers to help them in certain situations.) She drove the police around and then used the bus to fill with arrested protesters to take them to jail. I told her to find me a husband. ; ) NO... not in the group of protesters...in the group of cops! I like guys in uniform. She didn't have any luck for me on that little quest, but she had a ball driving the bus. It's fun to do the odd jobs.

I couldn't believe so many people were acting so crazy on that first night. Breaking big department store windows, slashing tires on police cars and news reporters vehicles, throwing urine and feces and just acting like hoodlums. And their message was...????????? The legitimate protesters were much more peaceful and respectable. Their messages were clear. Just goes to show how ineffective the riot mentality is. I hope they learned something.

I still don't know how I will vote. Neither candidate makes me jump up and say " Gee, I can't wait to see HIM in office!" I'll have to look into the issues that are important to me and see who lines up best with my views. Wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

All Power to the People !
The Old Man and Palin are Clowns.

Vote Obama for President 2008

Yes We Can ......................!

12:04 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I'm undecided...I think I'm going to write in "MOM"...she's the only one I trust.

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker