Monday, September 29, 2008

FIND ME !!!

Contest starts TODAY!!

The first person to find me driving my bus and say the phrase "Does your mother know you're picking up strangers?" is the winner!!

Here's a helpful hint...I work from about 230PM to about 1230AM today and tomorrow. That gives you TEN hours to find me!

Winner will receive their choice of either an original "Picking up Strangers" t-shirt or large beer stein and a "Picking up Strangers" pin. If you aren't the first person to find me, you will receive a pin as a consolation prize (while supply lasts).

You can read my past blogs for clues on what routes I drive and what I look like. Heck, if you're riding a bus, just say the phrase to the driver and see if it's me!

Friends, family and co-workers are not eligible...that just wouldn't be fair!

FIND ME!!

GOOD LUCK!! ;)

8 Comments:

Blogger Martini said...

What a cool idea trying to find you.......just keep your pepper spray handy in case you have a run in with some "REAL" stranger.........if'n you know what I mean there dear.....just want to keep you safe on those lovely streets of Mpls!

8:21 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

I saw you yesterday (I think)when I was walking -- I almost got on the bus even though I was headed the opposite direction.

Also, I wanted to tell you that I've become quite addicted to your blog. I always read it on my coffee break at work (and sometimes when I'm supposed to be working).

I just have one question regarding a past posting: Which seat is the 'peanut seat,' and why is it called that?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I'll answer part of that question Joel. Seeing as how "you know who is out there driving....trying to be found"!

The "peanut" seat on the bus...is the first seat to your left at the top of the steps, ACROSS from the driver, not behind the driver.

There is signage posted above this area to "Please give up these seats for the elderly or handicapped."

As to WHY it is referred to as that....I personally do not know.
Perhaps another reader can help us out with that part of the question.

8:40 PM  
Blogger gabbespal said...

They are called the peanut seats because when they sit there they give their 2 cents on everything and want attention from the driver. You know the peanut gallery where you always get advice weather you want it or not.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Joel - You should've gotten on the bus...still haven't had a winner! Could've been YOU!

Hecklers Two - Thanks for explaining the peanut seat thing. Seems I should sign on more often before you two take over my site!!
;)

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol red nice ending to your last comment. That is also the seat that i heard everyone gets sick on and pisses or poops on lol

8:02 PM  
Blogger Martini said...

And of course we get all kinds of advice from these lovely people that sit there too! Hi TJ!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

TJ - Yep, I've seen wet and or brown streaks there more than once...way more than once! Gross, Huh??!!??

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker