Sunday, August 27, 2006

ANOTHER PACKER FAN

I love messing with people...That's probably why I like my job so much. The easiest targets, and usually the best sports about it, are Green Bay Packer fans. For those that may not know, the Minnesota Vikings football team are their biggest rivals. Both sides have a lot of fun teasing the other side. Though most of my family are Packer fans, I gotta love 'em anyway...We are family.
Go Vikings!

I was driving the bus through downtown Minneapolis the other day and I saw a guy running hard, trying to catch the bus. I waited for him. As he got on, I noticed he was wearing a Packers cap. I said "Man, if I'd have known you were a Packer fan I'd have left you standing there!" Without missing a beat, the guy grinned and pointed his arm straight out towards me with his hand in a fist facing the ground. He said "What's this?" I knew he was about to get me good, but I had to say "I don't know, what?" His face beamed as he said "It's a Viking Superbowl ring!" He got me. (For those non-football fans, it hurts me to say this, but the Vikings have never won a superbowl....YET!!!!)

My brother loves that story...He's the biggest Packer fan in Texas!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was an entertaining read. You both had zingers it sounds like. It's odd because I took a family trip to Minnesota years ago and the one thing I remember most was meeting a local kid on a bus who was a major Packers fan. No joke.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I believe it. It's a fun rivalry. Lots of good sports on both sides.

9:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

By the way, there's another story I wrote about another of my favorite Packer fan/bus riders on July 28th post...check it out. He's a funny ol' guy...and he GOT me!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Packer fans are EVERYWHERE. After the Oilers bolted for Nashville and before the Texans started their franchise, I recall one Christmas walking around the Galleria and seeing over a DOZEN Packer hats/coats, etc.

Looks like another rough year for the Pack...but as we all know...THE PACK WILL BE BACK!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I just hope Mr. Favre has as outstanding of a year as he did last year...hehehe.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker