Sunday, December 06, 2009

MOBILITY FOR TWO

Once again...the lovely 18 route. I was heading into downtown and picked up a guy and who I am guessing was his girlfriend. She got on first and quickly tagged a go-to card and said "hi" and scurried to sit down. It seemed she was in a big hurry and then I noticed why. She had tagged a mobility pass. She was already past me and I already knew what was coming, so I let her go. Sure enough, her boyfriend stands there with his legitimate mobility ID and a stored value card. He was waiting for me to push the code into the farebox to deduct a mobility fare. I told him I already had one mobility fare paid and if the lady with him had mobility ID I could accept another mobility fare. He said "What do you mean?" I told him two people can't pay mobility fare with only one mobility ID. He told on himself. He got mad and said "That's MY card!" motioning to the lady. I said "I know. That is illegal. You can't give someone else your mobility card. You can get a minimum of a $240 ticket...each. It is actually punishable as a felony." He got mad and gave me the ol" "None of the other drivers say anything." I apologized for doing my job.

Seeing he wasn't going to get me to cheat the system for him...lie,cheat AND steal basically, he wisely decided to pay the whole fare and sit down. Then he became not so wise. He sat there and talked bad about me. How I was just being a jerk and no other driver has ever had a problem with it.....blah, blah.

I glared at him in the rear view mirror. I gave him the "keep it up and you'll be off this bus" look. I was actually being nice! I easily could have called the police and gotten them $480 in tickets...minimum!!!

It never ceases to amaze me. People will lie, cheat and steal and when they get caught...it's not their fault! It's the fault of the person that does their job and catches them!! Where's the personal responsibility? Hey, don't do the crime if you don't want to deal with the consequences!

3 Comments:

Blogger BHP Recordings said...

I wrote a song back in 1980 that was a country hit by Johnny Lee in 1981 called "Pickin' Up Strangers". It was from a movie called 'Coast To Coast' starring Robert Blake and Dyan Cannon, about a truck driver on the road who meets a crazy gal. Interesting blog you have. -B.Hill, Nashville

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the things that makes seem more unappealing is the frequent loud, blatant attempts to scam the system out of the $1.65 owed. Doesn't add to a feeling of safety and security.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

B. Hill - Interesting you found my site! My brother ( who set this blog up) likes country music and told me about your song.Glad you like my blog. It's fun. C'mon back and check it out!

Anon - True, but I've seen the same thing everywhere from McDonalds to Macy's! It's just that type of person and they are all over, unfortunately!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker