Tuesday, April 15, 2008

THE COPS TOOK MY CRACK PIPE.

I was checking my bus at the layover spot recently. We check for lost and found, strange packages (bombs) and fresh graffiti (we can match the "artist" to the vandalism on the cameras if it is caught right away) at each end. I saw something sitting in the crease of one of the seats. I picked it up and what a surprise (not) ... I found a crack pipe on the 18 route! (insert sarcasm here).

I was just going to put it into the garbage but I realized it was actually drug paraphernalia with drug residue in it and it would still be pretty much in my possession. I decided to call the control center. They had the Transit Police meet me back at the garage when I pulled in ( I was working a short 3 hour shift).

I had to laugh, there were TWO cops that came to pick up the pipe. Did they think I was going to fight them for it? ;) Actually, I had dealt with one of the cops before. As before, I had already popped up a transfer and written my driver number, where the pipe was found and what times to check for on the security video. The officer seemed impressed, again. He remembered me as the driver who had all the info ready for him before...all written on the transfer which also has the bus number, date and time.

As they walked up to my bus, I said "Oh, man. You guys aren't here to take my crack pipe away, are you? C'mon, today is my short day. I'm all done for the day and I was gonna have some fun with this. I decided to become a crackhead today." They got a laugh off that. I gave them the pipe and the transfer with the info on it. They took care of the rest.

Another day without drugs. Reality is great!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps;this article should be re-titled,hey.

Yes We Can...

Late,beautiful

Red

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Jeanne. It's June 1 and I've been wondering when you are going to post another story. But I just read a story in the San Francisco Chronicle that featured the winner of this year's International Bus Roadeo in Austin, Texas. So I know where you've been and what you've been doing and why there haven't been any new entries recently. I know from the story you didn't win, but I look forward to your posting your experiences at the Roadeo again this year.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Busboy said...

Good morning, Jeanne. It's been 3 months since your last post, and I just wanted to tell you I hope you're OK and that I miss your postings.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey red write a new story so i can make a big comment. talk about the rodeo!!! lol

5:33 PM  
Blogger Iris Blue said...

Miss reading your experiences. Hope everything is alright.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker