Sunday, March 16, 2008

A WEEK ON THE 18 ROUTE

I was kind of dreading doing the 18 last week. Of all the routes I do, that and the 21 have the most issues. I was pleasantly surprised how well the week went. Most days were actually fun. I ran into quite a few people I knew and had fun talking to them. I did get one older guy with grey hair try and use a 10 ride "kid card" as I call them. They say right on the front they are for those 17 and under. He was kind of surprised when I called him on it. I told him that he'd have to pay a fare. He put in the $2 (it was rush hour) and said sarcastically over and over "God bless you, ma'am. God bless you." I bit my tongue, but what I really wanted to say was "and thou shalt not steal!" I was proud of myself for just letting it go...after he paid the correct fare!

I also had fun driving past Channel 4 during the 5 o'clock news. My mom watches it from Wisconsin so I called and told her my bus number each day. I held a sign out the drivers window that said "HI MOM!" She saw me! WOO HOO ! I Tivo'd it so I could see if my bus actually was shown and it WAS... 4 out of 5 days! You couldn't really read the sign though. I needed a bigger one. I was tempted to have all the people on that side of the bus wave as we went by, but I didn't do that...yet!

This week I'll be doing mostly the 2 route. That is the one with crackheads at one end and college students at the other. I'm hoping to run into the little boy that was so much fun last time I had it. I blogged about him earlier. He's the kid I asked if I could adopt him. He got a kick out of that. Hopefully, something fun, strange, bizarre or hilarious happens so I can share it with you!

Stay tuned!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy St Patty's Day(late)
Stay beautiful ..!

Red

2:00 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks...had 2 green beers and a "Greenie" at Tony Jaros (NE mpls). I'm actually Irish, so I felt obligated!

I'm sure I'll be seeing you around if you're who I think you are...34th & hennepin?

Thanks for the comment...stay tuned!

12:26 PM  
Blogger M A said...

So,is B H Obama(Irish that is)

Cheers,

Red

4:46 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Hope he got to have a green beer. That IS what it is all about, right?

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker