Sunday, January 13, 2008

AN AWARD...FOR ME !!!

I recently got an award from one of my passengers!

Okay, so it wasn't an official award given by my company, but more of an award this particular passenger came up with. It didn't come with a trophy or anything. It was more like a verbal award. Regardless, it made my day and I thought I'd share it with you.

It was December and it was REALLY cold out that day. The wind was nasty. I was driving route 6 out of downtown during rush hour. My bus was packed...I mean REALLY packed. I kept asking people to move as far back as possible. They did. They were practically sharing their laps. I just didn't want to leave people at the bus stop in that weather. I pulled up at 11Th street knowing it was about the last stop I would need to pick up people before they started getting off. There were only a couple people that needed to get on. I again asked for everyone to move as far back as they could and thanked them for doing so.

It was unusually quiet on the bus. I said something to the people standing in the front about how this was the quietest packed bus I've ever had. A couple laughed and one lady said it was because they were so packed in they couldn't breathe. That spurred a few more laughs.

As I was getting closer to Uptown and the crowd was thinning and becoming more comfortable, a man getting ready to get off the bus said to me. " Well, you get the award." I fell for it and asked what award that was. He said "For fitting the most sardines into a can!" As he exited, he laughed along with me and all the others that had heard him.

Thanks! I am proud to accept the award. I'd like to thank all those that made this award possible...my passengers that kept squeezing towards the back to help avoid leaving some poor soul to freeze at the bus stop waiting for the next...hopefully, less crowded, bus. I'd also like to thank the gentleman who came up with this award. It's nice to see people keep their sense of humor in a physically uncomfortable situation...as I'm sure my bus was that day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed talking with you today. You are quite an interesting lady. Like you were saying, I also think the Viking could make it to the super all next year.

See you on the bus tomorrow.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Correction....

I enjoyed talking with you today. You are quite an interesting lady. Like you were saying, I also think the Viking could make it to the super ball next year.

See you on the bus tomorrow.

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Vikings will DEFINITELY make it to the Superbowl. They all will get Tickets as players in the NFL ;)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I think the Vikes deserve a Superbowl ring!!! Guess it's something to look forward to next year.

Not sure if I'll even watch the game today...I'm not a fan of either team. Guess I'd go with the Giants if I had to pick one...I refuse to cheer on Randy Moss. I know the Patriots are more likely to win, but I don't mind cheering for the underdog...heck, I'm a Vikings fan! I'm used to it!

Thanks for your comments...keep on reading! You never know what will happen on the bus!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker