Sunday, March 30, 2008

GETAWAY BUS

I was driving the 17 down Nicollet Mall this past week. I pulled in behind the 2 buses in front of me nice and close like we are supposed to. This makes it so people don't walk between the buses and get hit from an oncoming bus. I was sitting there unusually long when I noticed the security guard from Walgreens talking on his walkie talkie. I didn't think too much of it until I saw 2 Minneapolis Police cars flying up behind me with just their lights on...no sirens. I saw the security guard point at the first bus in line. Great. Sure enough, the police pulled in front of the first bus and stopped. Then came a Transit Police care to join in the fun.

The driver of the second bus, the one directly in front of me, came out and motioned for me to back up. This sucks. Pedestrian traffic is heavy on the Mall and half of them I don't trust when I am driving FORWARD. I knew I really didn't have a choice, so I put on my hazard lights and honked repeatedly as I backed up slowly. I was relieved not to have heard a thud or screaming or anything before I was back far enough to be able to maneuver around the bus in front of me.

As I passed the other 2 buses, I saw the police on the first bus. It looked as if they were arresting someone on the bus. Putting 2 and 2 together, I am figuring some loser decided to steal from Walgreens and hopped on a bus to make his (or her) getaway. What an idiot.

The sad thing is, it's not the first time. Sadder yet, I'm sure it's not the last!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Glad you enjoy the site. Nothing quite as entertaining as real life!

That phone looks like more than I would ever need or use. Heck, I just recently did my first text message!!

Thanks for your comment...hope to see you back here!

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker