Wednesday, May 16, 2007

FUZZY TIGER, SMILING BOY

I won a stuffed tiger the other day on one of my layovers. I gave it to this adorable little boy. He was about 3 years old. He had the biggest brown eyes I've ever seen. They just lit up when I handed him the tiger. He smiled and played with it the entire bus ride. A lady in the peanut seat said "Oh, wasn't that nice!" I told her I have a dresser piled with stuffed animals. I win them out of the machines all the time and give them to kids on the bus. Makes my day...and theirs. The little boy had a huge smile on as he walked off the bus, waving at me until I pulled away. Another lady came to get off out the front door and said "The smile on his face was definitely worth it, huh? That was really nice." Another guy came up and sat next to the lady in the peanut seat and said "It is really great to see someone give something and not expect something in return!" I told him, seeing the look on that kids face is actually getting something in return. It really makes my day.

I did actually get something even more rewarding giving this tiger away. Seeing people witness and appreciate the joy a small act of kindness can bring. Hopefully, they pass it on.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just the story puts a smile on my face.

Small things like holding a door open for someone else can be really rewarding, the smiles and "Thank you"s you get makes it worthwhile. Small joys make life wonderful.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stories like THIS make you understand why everyone wants my sister, Jeanne Ree, to get their name at Christmas...she's the best!

Your favorite brother,

James

2:43 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yep, random acts of kindness are really fun and actually quite rewarding!

12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker