Sunday, September 03, 2006

THE ROADEO

That's what it's called. I didn't spell it wrong!

Every year at work we have what they call a Roadeo. It is like an obstacle course for buses. Drivers compete and the winner goes to the International Roadeo. This year that is being held in Nashville, Tennessee.

I have never competed in the Roadeo, but plan to give it a try this year. I have spoken with other drivers and it actually sounds kind of hard. For example, one thing you do is drive the bus over a tennis ball and try and get it BETWEEN a set of the rear duals (tires). That could be tricky.

Seems like the same driver wins almost every year. Other drivers say it's because he has been through the Rodeo so many times he has mastered some of the obstacles. Maybe I can learn some tricks from him and others that have done it before.

The competition is near the end of this month, so I'll let you know how it goes for me!

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!

5:05 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks!! I may need it!

I saw a picture of the course yesterday and there are things I haven't done since I was in training 6 years ago...like back the bus up around a corner between the cones...left and right backups. Should be fun!

I let you know how many cones I kill!! ;)

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do be careful. Cones have feelings too!

-Schmedly Cone
Executive Director
SPCOC
Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Orange Cones.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Am getting excited about my new adventure. I give it my best try at the competition this Wednesday...I'll let you know how many fatalities there are!

12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker