Sunday, September 24, 2006

BREAKING THE RULES

I think some rules are meant to be broken.

For example, I just found out there is a rule that we must turn in all lost and found immediately. There are situations, like one I had last week, that this rule should be relaxed for. I found something on the bus (I won't say what as it is still in lost and found and I don't want just ANYONE to be able to claim it!) that I was 99% sure belonged to this little old lady that got on at the same stop every day. I called the control center and asked if it would be okay for me to hold on to it to return it to her the next day. They told me no. I must turn in all lost and found right away when I returned to the garage. I explained that I just wanted to save this elderly lady the hassle of having to take the bus all the way to the other side of town to pick up her property. They still said I could not return it to her the next day. I asked if I could at least give her a free ride pass. I am guessing the way she counted her change every day that she was on a very tight budget. They said that would be great customer service and that I could give her the pass. I turned in the property, and as it turned out...She didn't get on the bus the next day anyway. I had assumed she would since she had gotten on at the same time and in the same place every day so far that week. I just hope she knows where she lost her stuff so she can go claim it.

Another rule that I actually DID break....

The Minnesota Twins are playing great baseball this year and we are closing in on getting a spot in the playoffs. The company decided it would be okay for us to show them our support by wearing Twins baseball caps if we want to. I have been wearing one every day. I also put up the sign on the front of my bus that says "GO TWINS" which I found out was breaking the rules. We were told we could put the sign up but ONLY if they are playing here at home. Well, they were playing on the road and the control center called me on my bus and said a supervisor saw my sign and wants me to turn it off immediately. I did, but what a stupid rule!! What? We only support our team when they are here and we abandon them when they are on the road. I am very disappointed in this particular rule and I really don't understand it. I think we should be allowed to support our team regardless of WHERE they are playing. Am I missing something?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any way you can get it to say GO PACKERS?

I'll give you a free pass!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

I would NEVER write such a nasty thing on my sign...even if I could!

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone told me the deal with the signs. Apparently, The Person in Charge of These Things was reluctant to have us put any of those signs up at all, because the teams don't pay us to have them up. I'm not sure you can get much more short-sighted than that. Sometimes I don't know how these people got their jobs.

-TL

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

That's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard of!! Therefore, it must be true!

GO VIKINGS!!!!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker