Thursday, January 21, 2010

LIKE, HOW ANNOYING!

I was driving the 6 route heading from downtown into uptown. There was this young couple that I thought was going to drive me into peer counseling by the time I made it to uptown! They seemed to enjoy talking with each other and seemed to have a lot in common...including repeatedly saying "like". Every sentence had at least one "like" in it. Like really. Like, I'm not kidding. It was, like, really annoying!

To keep my sanity for as long as possible. I decided to distract myself by making a game out of it. I decided to count how many times they said "like". You aren't going to believe this...between the two of them, they said "like" 23 times in 2 blocks! In fairness to them, I caught about half of a red light. Still, TWENTY THREE times!

God loves me. He proved it by having them get off at uptown. WOO HOO! I had to drive all the way to Southdale in Edina. I couldn't have taken it. It was especially funny after they got off and a couple other people commented on the "like" couple. I couldn't help myself. I told one guy about my twenty three count and he cracked up. He said he knew it was bad but hadn't realized it was THAT bad!

People are fun.

10 Comments:

Blogger Reid said...

I really enjoy reading this blog. It is awesome! Please post more often!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

Definitely good! I guess this isn't so bad, having that. Imagine having to sit in a room full of these 'likers'.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous annami said...

Oh, that was a really good story!! Here in Gothenburg they say "but..." in every sentence. And they also say "and you know what...". Don´t ask me how I found you ´cause that I don´t know!!

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Nancy A. said...

Jeanne--it was really great seeing you in Starbucks--keep up the good work....this is "like" ....great stuff!!
Nancy A.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Busboy said...

I, like, really like this story,

8:49 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I like am so totally for sure for sure.......like.....like really digging this blog like ya know ya know?

Like it's just totally narley dude!

Sorry Jeanne...I just like you know....HAD to do that to ya....like......ya know!

5:58 PM  
Blogger J M said...

It's even more annoying when you realize your saying it!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Reid and Annami - WELCOME! Glad you are enjoying my blog. I have been slacking lately. Will try and be here a little more often!

Nancy - Was a shock to see you after all these years. Maybe I'll actually have time to join you for some coffee one of these days. Keep reading!! You never know what's gonna happen on the bus!


Martini - Like, I'd expect that from YOU!

TransitCamera - I have caught myself, but don't think I'm nearly as bad as what I heard them do. God, I hope not! I hope someone would tell me! Then again, I didn't tell them...hmmm..

Madrias - That would be torture. I was so glad when they got off the bus!!

Box person - I don't know what all those boxes mean. Please use words and join our world! It's best when we can understand what you are saying. Welcome.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Renagade said...

i keep a form in my bag if needed i try to do it on layovers if i get the time...

11:41 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Ren - geez, never thought of that. you must fill them out more than me!!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker