Thursday, January 21, 2010

HIGHLY EDUMACATED

I had this teenage boy get on my bus the other day. He was trying so hard to do the right thing. He had his books. He had his pants pulled up. He was dressed kind of nerdy, yet looked handsome and well groomed. Then he made the mistake of opening his mouth to ask me a question.

I was blinded my the gaudy gold he had covering all his front teeth. He sounded like he had a mouth full of peanut butter as he asked me slowly...probably the speed his brain was in.. "Does this bus go to the Lyeberry?" I was tempted to be sarcastic and tell him "No, but I do pass the Library." I thought better of that idea and just told him "yes".

I got the feeling he used to be gangsta and found out the decent girls prefer a guy with an education and fashion sense. He was making the switch but got caught somewhere in the middle. The weed had slowed his speech and he couldn't quite bring himself to part with the fake gold teeth.

Well, at least he is trying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael Pereckas said...

The Leiberry, we always say, is the fruit that makes you smarter.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Michael - that kid needed lotsa fruit, a 100% berry diet would be good...but at least he was trying!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker