Tuesday, September 14, 2010

NOT PICKING THIS GUY UP!

I pulled up to a bus stop today that I really didn't want to stop at. As I was approaching it, I noticed one guy waiting normally at the stop and another guy rolling around on the ground...literally. I pulled right up to the normal guy. As soon as he got on, I closed the door. The other guy wobbled to his feet and came over to the door. When he saw I wasn't going to open it, he punched the door. Then he started flipping me off and wobbling around.

I wasn't sure if he was drunk, crazy or both. For the safety of myself and my passengers, I wasn't about to let him on and find out the hard way.

I called the Control Center to let them know I passed someone and the reason I did it. I gave them his description and they sent someone to check on him. I didn't see him the rest of the day.

It seemed the passengers appreciated my avoiding the potential problem. I'm sure, if they ride regularly, they've seen what can happen with unstable or drunk people boarding. I'd rather not risk it and ensure a safe, quiet ride for everyone.

Hopefully, they found the guy and got him whatever help he needed.

Never a dull moment!

3 Comments:

Blogger Madrias said...

I don't blame you on that one.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On my last day it is my dream to just drive my route and not open the doors to anybody. I wonder how long I can get away with it.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Thanks, Madrias. It's easier to pass a potential problem than to try and get it off the bus once you open the door!

anon - Your last day might be a short one!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker