Friday, January 09, 2009

JUST THAT TYPE OF GUY

I was having a pretty mellow ride on the 18 just leaving downtown when the bell rang. As I was pulling into the bus stop, a guy said "Sorry, next one." I said "That's okay, I'm used to guys lying to me." He laughed and came up to chat until we got to his stop. He smiled and said "I would never lie to you!" I told him "Yep, that's what they usually say!" He laughed and continued "I'm not like that. I'm different.." I said "Yep, and that's usually the next line I hear! You've got them all down!" He laughed as he got off the bus. I smiled at him and gave him my usual line "Have a nice day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Renagade said...

Give the man a break

5:27 PM  
Blogger Dale the Truck Driver said...

Wasn't the foot guy again?

8:20 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Dale, nope...totally different character. He was fun though. I love it when people have a sense of humor and enjoy life. He was fun...and a good sport.

Renegade - We were just having fun. Honestly, I know there a few...I mean, a couple good guys out there. ;)

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I continuously use a variation of the same spiel. Something like; Lady: "pant-pant" getting aboard). "Thanks for waiting!" Me: "yes, MA'AM! You know how seldom in my life a woman has ever chased after ME?? And I'm going to just drive off and leave her??" Or maybe; Lady: I need to get off at teh next stop". Me (sadly): Yes'm. I understand. I seem to have that effect on wimmen....". Lady: Bursts out laughing.
Life's too short to be "normal".

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Ralph - I'm sure you've been talked about in many offices and other work places. Makes someones day to get fun conversation from otherwise boring areas of their lives. Thanks for sharing!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker