Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SCAMMERS

What some people won't do to cheat the fare!

I was driving the 21 down Lake Street last week....yep, that's where you could have found me and won prizes...and I pulled up to a bus stop. There was a guy there pushing a lady in a wheelchair. I was getting the lift deployed to get them onto the bus. This twenty-something girl on the bus looked out the window and seemed quite concerned. She said "What is my Aunt doing in a wheelchair?" I thought to myself...Hmmmmmmm.

I don't normally ask people in wheelchairs for mobility ID, but something about this seemed a little fishy. They got on. The lady in the chair put in the 75 cent mobility fare and pointed to the guy pushing her and said "He's my P.C.A.." Knowing the P.C.A. deal is one of the biggest scams in town, I asked her for her mobility ID. She said "What?" I told her it was required if she was paying mobility fare. Her face just dropped. She knew the scam was up.

Her niece came up and paid for both the lady and the guy. They talked and a few blocks away...at the stop near the liquor store (hmmmmmmm), they rang to get off. After I was done getting them off the bus and started to pull away, the girl came up to me. She said "I'm sorry. That's my Aunt and Uncle. They are both alcoholics."

I've seen a gazillion scams, but one thing about this stuck in my head. Where the hell did they get the wheelchair?!!?

2 Comments:

Blogger Madrias said...

My hints to those more fortunate included the 21, after knocking all the letters out for spaces.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Madrias - Wish you were here..I got a feeling you would win quickly and I wouldn't have to lug this stuff around for weeks!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker