Tuesday, January 27, 2009

WHERE'S BARB?

There is a regular passenger that has been missing for about 2 weeks. Some drivers and other passengers are very concerned. It had been quite cold...well below zero...some of that time. I know the last time I saw her, she didn't look well.

Her name is Barb and she is often seen at Uptown Station with her little dog that she keeps in a backpack type bag with mesh sides for air. (I think it is made for pets). Barb looked pretty wiped out last I saw her...probably 3 weeks ago now. Rumor has been that she had pneumonia or bronchitis. One driver actually went to her apartment to check on her. Seems no one has seen her there either. This driver said she checked the hospitals and was ready to call police. I spoke with a driver Saturday that said he heard she WAS in a hospital.

Barb is probably about 60-something. Heavy set white lady with almost shoulder length grey hair that used to be black. She ALWAYS has her dog with her. The dog normally stays in the backpack type bag. Barb sits at Uptown Station a lot, normally on the bench by the drivers room door. She rides buses all day long, often riding the 21.

WHERE'S BARB?

7 Comments:

Blogger John Charles Wilson said...

I haven't seen her either. Yes, the carrier she has is made for pets. They sell similar ones at Target. Am suprised she has an apt. Always assumed she was homeless. Thanks for the wake-up call on stereotyping. Hope she's OK wherever she is.

5:16 PM  
Blogger janerz said...

Barb was on my bus last week I think Tuesday or Wednesday.
I drive the 21 and 53 in the afternoon. She got on my bus at Snelling and University and rode to the Uptown Station she wasn't her usual friendly bubbly self and she looked like she was ill.
I hope Barb is doing good I miss talking to her she's a fun little lady!!
Jane H.

8:24 PM  
Blogger janerz said...

Hi,
I found Barb again she is doing fine..
She has been at the Uptown station for the past 2 days at 4:20pm. She rode the 21E with me to Nic.& Lake.
Barb said that she was very sick and also that she froze her feet waiting on a bus that was late one day.
She is no longer feeling ill..Yay!

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

John - yep...you can't tell a book .....

Jane - Thanks for the update. I spoke with the driver that went to her apartment. Seems Barb was in and out of the hospital and staying with a friend. Glad she is doing better. Thanks for your concern.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Martini said...

I saw her at Uptown Transit Station on 02-12-09 at 5:50a.m. Seemed to be doing alright at the time.

Little doggie bag was with her by her side.

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I tripped over this blog today and thought it looked fun and interesting. When I read your post with your concern about your rider Barb I was touched. I checked out the comments and how wonderful that you and your co-workers kept an eye out for her and made sure she and her little dog were ok. What wonderful people you are!

Now I will go back to reading your fascinating site...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Martini - Yep, she's back. Turns out she was ill and in and out of the hospital and with friends. Glad she is ok. Thanks for keeping an eye out!


Michelle - WELCOME! Glad you are here and enjoying the blog. Yes, we are caring people even before we are bus drivers/passengers. Barb is a unique woman that is well known around Uptown especially. I'm just glad she's back and well. Hope you continue to enjoy my blog!

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker