Sunday, March 22, 2009

I DON'T CARE !!! STOP LAUGHING !!!

I was driving the 21 this past week. I usually avoid it like the plague. It was all I could get to get off at a decent hour. It was a split with the 46 earlier so it evened it out. One extreme to the other. Boringly mellow route to anything can (and does) happen route!

I was running early, so I was sitting in the bus stop at Lake and Cedar. The light turned green but I was still early so remained stopped. This lady, who was obviously born a few bricks short, says loudly in a rude tone, "Driver, the light is green. You can GO!" I could see she had issues, so I replied sincerely "Actually, I'm running early. I have to wait here until I am on schedule." She complains "I have to be somewhere at 5:30! Just go!" I told her I was on a schedule and could get written up if I left this stop early. She yells "I don't CARE!!" I said calmly, "I'm sure you don't ,but I do. I have to wait." She continued on about how terrible bus drivers are and how she was going to be late because of the bus driver. I mentioned that if she needed to be somewhere at 5:30, she probably wanted at least a bus or two that ran before me.

Miss "I don't care" was sitting in the first forward facing seat on the passenger side. She was not happy with me. The lady in the peanut seat said to me "You know, it's going to be all your fault that she is late." I thought "Oh, great. Another moron." As I looked over at the lady, she busted out laughing. That made me laugh. I said "Yes, I know. It's always the bus drivers fault. I'm used to it." The lady with issues yells "Stop laughing!! It's not funny!" This made me and the peanut seat lady laugh a little more.

As I waited for the light to turn green again so I could finally leave on my schedule, the peanut seat lady and I chatted. Just as I pulled away from the curb, the bell rang. I was almost surprised...Miss I don't care was getting off at the next stop! Issues, man...Issues! The funny lady and I were talking and she was laughing as I pulled into the bus stop. The mean lady yelled as she got off the bus, "I said stop laughing!!" As she got off the last step, she turned and threw up her middle finger at me as she gave me an evil scowl. The funny lady just roared. She thought that was hilarious. I closed the door and began to pull away. I said "Thanks a lot! Now she thinks I was laughing at her!" The funny lady said "No, I think she realized it was me. She stuck her tongue out at me as you pulled off!" I said, "Well, at least she thinks I'M number one!"

3 Comments:

Blogger janerz said...

By any chance was this lady going to U.S.Bank?? I was in the same situation, same route, same stop,,but it was an elderly male that flipped out on me every time I had to stop the bus.. I got to Cedar and Lake waited for 2 minutes and Old guy was fit to be tied! Do you really want to know what happened at the light rail.. Well I had to wait at that stop too and when he found out that i really wasn't a 21A and instead an E he hit the ceiling saying that i switched the signs.. He needed to get to U.S. Bank before they close at 5PM.

11:00 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Jane - It's all your fault! It's ALWAYS the bus drivers fault! I don't know where she was going, she got off the first stop (2 blocks) past Cedar on eastbound Lake. Doubt she was going to a bank if she got off there. Isn't it funny that they actually think we just switch the signs at random??!!?? It couldn't possibly be that they got on without looking...or that they could have caught an earlier bus to be where they need to be on time!! Keep finding the humor...it makes the job fun instead of annoying. Thanks for your comment!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Anon - thanks! Glad you like it. It's been fun for me, too.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker