Sunday, February 20, 2011

MISMATCHED

Some things just don't go together, like the Gangsta in Fuzzy Slippers that I wrote about. Tough guys just don't look right wearing fuzzy slippers. It takes the tough away.

Well, I think I had his brother on my bus the other day. I did my best not to laugh in front of him. This tall, teenage kid got on wearing head-to-toe cliche gear ...cap to the side, dollar signs on his shirt in rhinestones playing like they were diamonds (yeah, right) , baggy pants hanging off his butt with his boxers showing and tennis shoes with fat, unlaced shoestrings. He was a walking cliche choosing to live the stereotype....until I saw him in the mirror doing his best pimp walk down the bus aisle. On his back was a way- too-small black and pink "Hello Kitty" backpack!!! It looked like he took it from a kindergarten schoolgirl!!

That was just too damn funny!!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeanne--
You knew my Mother Brenda "Babe" Pikala, My dad is Heinz, I'd love to talk to you a little bit.. can you email me?

Thanks
Melissa

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

melissajahnke@yahoo.com

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Melissa - I sent you an e-mail. So glad to hear from you!! I look forward to further communication, but let's just keep it off the blog. That way it's just between us.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Mike Allen said...

Hi from a fellow bus driver across the pond in London!

Love your blog, you have a great way with words, and it's nice to see you guys over in the States have the same issues with the job as we have here!

Keep up the good work and drive safe.

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Phil said...

I found this blog last night after you told me about it, been reading it on and off since, it's absolutely great to hear stories about people you meet.

-Kid with the red bike on the 23

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Phil - Glad you found me! Hope you enjoy the posts. Nothing funnier than real people!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker