Friday, August 17, 2007

RIDER HIDERS

What is up with the new bus shelters??? They put these stripes angled across the glass from top to bottom that make it very hard to see if there is someone in the shelter. I've missed a couple people because of this. It is especially hard if they are on the opposite side of the shelter. It's tough to see through all those stripes, especially when it is raining hard. I think instead of calling them bus shelters, they should call them "Rider Hiders".

From what I've heard, they are supposed to be graffiti resistant. It's not working. Now the graffiti is just bigger and bolder colored. I also heard they are supposed to be harder to break. Apparently, not hard enough. I've seen more than a few shattered all over the sidewalk.

I'm really not looking forward to spotting people in these rider hiders in the winter. The glass is kind of white. Great if you want to match the snow. Not great if you actually would like to see people waiting for you to pick them up.

Whoever came up with this is probably the same person that decided to put the head-to-toe advertisements on the side of the shelter. Then his co-worker came up with the fantastic idea to put a bench for passengers to sit hiding, I mean waiting on the other side of the shelter so the driver would be SURE not to see them until it was too late. Ever heard "makes a better door than a window"?

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

As I rider I cannot see you either...without getting my butt out into the cold or rain or wind or whatever I was trying to shelter myself from!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Yep, these had to have been thought up by someone that was neither a passenger or a bus driver!

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker