Sunday, May 15, 2011

THE MORNING LOOK

I was recently driving the route 9 down Glenwood avenue. I was in the area where the projects used to be before they finally bulldozed them. There was a "lady" walking down the street. I think she was a leftover from the projects. She was wearing pajama pants, a dingy white t-shirt with no bra. Her girls were swinging left to right with every step she took. She had on...you guessed it..fuzzy slippers. Her hair was all matted and there were stray chunks sticking straight out. She looked like she just got out of bed, yet she was out walking on a city street.

Then it dawned on me...she's looking for a man! What better look to have than your morning look?!!? That way, when he wakes up next to her, he already knows the terror he will be seeing. It's not a shock. What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that? I spend all that time getting ready to go out into the public when I could just jump out of bed and go.

I think we should all start a new trend. Come as you are. Embrace your morning look!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When my aunt was in high school, we had a party for her that was just that - come as you are! We went around (after ok-ing it with parents) and picked up the girls at 5:30 AM and took them out to our family ranch and fixed a big breakfast and let them enjoy the day - but that was the theme of the party - COME AS YOU ARE! The girls originally thought the party started at 10:00 am and so it was a surprise to them. It's a fun idea for high school girls - and a party - for life, not so much... sure do enjoy it when you post! Michele

12:28 PM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Anon - sounds like fun! I have lazy days at home with the pajama pants look...no witnesses! Glad you like the blog. Sorry I've been neglecting it lately. I'm trying to save stories for my book. Want to get it done. Thanks for reading!

Tee - Are you just using my blog for advertising?? If so, please stop.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Madrias said...

Glad to see you're still here, Jeanne. Always enjoy your posts.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Jeanne Ree said...

Madrias - Back at ya!! Hoping not to lose everyone. Trying to save stories for the book!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Audri said...

I just got into your blog after seeing the URL somewhere!! Very interesting!! Great idea for a book :D my mom and I sometimes sit at a park bench and watch the people walk by, you'd be amazed at how some of the people are dressed and act like its no thing haha just like the pajama's girl (:

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker